The IMI Diploma in Management is a nationally accredited and internationally recognised postgraduate programme with a simple goal. The purpose of this programme is to engage the managing directors and senior managers in a company with the latest management thinking and practice. This is an accredited postgraduate programme at Level 9 of the National Framework of Qualifications. It will provide you with a comprehensive, intensely practical and critical overview of best-practice management in a broad range of areas.
Who should attend?
- Experienced business owners and managers who wish to update and formalise their management knowledge.
- Experienced functional specialists within businesses who wish to broaden their management knowledge.
- Executives who intend to develop significant professional careers in general management.
What does the Programme consist of?
- An eighteen day taught programme
- Delivered on a monthly basis, in chunks of three days per month over six months
- Six core subjects: Business Strategy, Financial Management, Sales & Marketing, Advanced Communication Skills, Human Resource Management, Organisational Behaviour
- Opportunity for progression to a Masters of Business
The IMI Diploma in Management is a minor award and a constituent part of the IMI Master of Business framework, accredited with 30 credits at Level 9 on the National Framework of Qualifications. Successful participants will be awarded the IMI Diploma in Management and a Postgraduate Certificate from University College Cork.
Progression - The Masters of Business Framework
The Masters of Business Framework provides a flexible way to earn your Masters qualification, by providing two separate and unique pathways. You can complete the taught element of the MoB in as little as 18 months. You must complete all elements of the MoB Framework within five years.
The MBS in Business Practice Pathway
This requires you to complete three IMI Diplomas and a reflective integrated assignment . The purpose of this reflective assignment will be to integrate, prioritise and synthesize key reflections, learning and themes that have developed over the duration of their learning journey.
The MSc in Business Practice Pathway
This requires you to complete two IMI Diplomas followed by the Business Research Project. This pathway allows for the development of significant research and analytical skills and provides the opportunity for a participant to develop deep insight and expertise in relation to a specific issue that is of significance to their work.
The MBS in Business Practice, the MSc in Business Practice and their constituent IMI Diplomas are accredited and awarded by University College Cork – National University of Ireland, Cork.
How will your business benefit?
The IMI Diploma in Management provides a comprehensive, intensively practical and critical overview of best practice management in a broad range of areas. Throughout the programme concepts and frameworks are applied to the participants’ firms to build practical managerial skills and deliver genuine bottom-line value for their firms. The purpose is to engage owners and senior managers with the latest management thinking and practise.
By completing the IMI Diploma in Management you will:
- Develop your understanding of the major management functions and best management practice
- Enhance your capability and confidence as a contributor to your organisation’s management team
- Acquire the skills and knowledge required of a modern professional manager
- Be able to analyse and understand the fundamental driving forces of business and the determinants of success
Where is this programme available?
This programme is currently underway in Dublin. The next available entry date will be in 2016. You may also be interested in the IMI Diploma in Strategy & Innovation and the IMI Diploma in Leadership available through ManagementWorks in 2015.
What is the cost of the programme?
The subsidised cost of the programme in 2015 is €3,000 per person*. This includes all training, course materials, tutor support, assessment, certification, lunches and refreshments. *This rate is available to SMEs only, i.e, companies in Ireland that employ less than 250 employees.
Find out more
If you would like us to inform you about this and other upcoming programmes, please complete the contact us form and we will add you to our mailing list.