What is the Postgraduate IMI Diploma in Management?
The IMI Diploma in Management is a nationally accredited and internationally recognised postgraduate programme with a simple goal. The purpose of this programme is to engage the managing directors and senior managers in a company with the latest management thinking and practice. This is an accredited postgraduate programme at Level 9 of the National Framework of Qualifications. It will provide you with a comprehensive, intensely practical and critical overview of best-practice management in a broad range of areas.
Who should attend?
- Experienced SME owners and managers who wish to update and formalise their management knowledge.
- Experienced functional specialists within SMEs who wish to broaden their management knowledge.
- SME Executives who intend to develop significant professional careers in general management.
What does the Programme consist of?
- An eighteen day taught programme
- Delivered on a monthly basis, in chunks of three days per month over six months
- Six core subjects: Business Strategy, Financial Management, Sales & Marketing, Advanced Communication Skills, Human Resource Management, Organisational Behaviour
- Opportunity for progression to a Masters of Business
The IMI Diploma in Management is a minor award and a constituent part of the IMI Master of Business framework, accredited with 30 credits at Level 9 on the National Framework of Qualifications. Successful participants will be awarded the IMI Diploma in Management. This qualification is accredited and awarded by University College Cork - National University of Ireland, Cork. The IMI Diploma in Management is academically equivalent to a Postgraduate Certificate (level 9) Minor Award on the National Framework of Qualifications. By completing this award, you will also earn one-third of the credits required to be awarded the IMI Master of Business qualification. If you would like to progress further, you can complete a second IMI Diploma and a research dissertation in order to achieve a Masters of Business, awarded by UCC.
How will your business benefit?
The IMI Diploma in Management provides a comprehensive, intensively practical and critical overview of best practice management in a broad range of areas. Throughout the programme concepts and frameworks are applied to the participants’ firms to build practical managerial skills and deliver genuine bottom-line value for their firms. The purpose is to engage owners and senior managers with the latest management thinking and practise.
By completing the IMI Diploma in Management you will:
- Develop your understanding of the major management functions and best management practice
- Enhance your capability and confidence as a contributor to your organisation’s management team
- Acquire the skills and knowledge required of a modern professional manager
- Be able to analyse and understand the fundamental driving forces of business and the determinants of success
Where is this programme available?
This programme is currently underway in Dublin and Cork. The next available entry date is September 2014 in Dublin. Places will be made available to qualifying applicants on a first-come-first-serve basis. You may also be interested in the IMI Diploma in Strategy & Innovation available through ManagementWorks.
What is the cost of the programme?
The subsidised cost of the programme is €2,000 per person. This includes all training, course materials, tutor support, assessment, certification, lunches and refreshments.
Find out more / Apply now
For further detailed information, or to request an application form, please contact us today!